Thursday, December 8, 2011

To Read or Not To Read

I am at a crossroads. Do I read Janet Evanovich's latest novel "Explosive Eighteen" or do I just scan the last couple of pages at the bookstore? Honestly, I have already made the decision and done so. The reason? I am exhausted.  Eighteen novels of Stephanie Plum being chased, narrowly escaping catastrophe, and being unable to decide between Trenton Cop Joe Morelli or ever so mysterious Ranger, has worn me out! And from the quality of the books from about 13 on, I think so is Janet Evanovich.

I was hooked when I read One for the Money. It was witty, raunchy, funny, suspenseful and had plenty of romance too! The novels that followed left me supremely satisfied and always wanting to read more of Stephanie, her men, and her crazy friends and family. But over time, the novels have seemed to just be a formula with different protagonists and the never ending confusion of will she choose Joe or Ranger.

So, I have decided to save my $20 and I just looked at the last couple of pages as I was browsing books. And from what little I read, this book seems to end just like the 17 before it....with no clear ending.  Here is to hoping Janet Evanovich will choose not to totally ruin this great series she created and find the strength to go out before it hits rock bottom.  Just like any great sports star - please choose to go before all we remember are the negatives. Give us the ending and closure we so want and let Stephanie and Joe get married and live their crazy yet happy life together. It is what we all want! Right?

1 comment:

  1. Yes we all want a happy ending for stephanie plum but I still want to read the books.Janet just needs to move on in Stepanie`s life. That girl needs to be a wife and motherand still try to hold down that crazy job and make brownies for the PTA.I an down loading the #18 on my new kindle fire as we speak and I bet you read it at Christmas,And you will like the girl with the dragon tatoo.monica

    ReplyDelete