Thursday, December 8, 2011

Next on My Reading List

I am a stay-at-home mom to an 8-year-old and twin 2-year-olds. Most days it feels like I barely have a spare moment to sit down let alone read a book. I have time at night after the twins go to bed but I am usually so wiped out - I promptly fall asleep myself. Taking the time to read a book is a luxury I just don't seem to get very often. Alot of the time I am kinda behind in getting the latest best selling book read - but my goal is to do better because I love to read and that is something that has been pushed aside and I would like to be able to have that "me time" more often.

So, what will be my next read?  I am leaning towards "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo." Since the movie is set to come out this month, I have been seeing the previews and it looks intriguing. And generally if the movie adaption of a movie looks pretty good, then I want to read the book before I see the movie. That way I can really get a sense of how badly Hollywood has botched an author's great work!

Often a movie being made of a book is what leads me to read the actual book. I am almost 30 and there is no way I would of ever even stopped to read the jacket cover of a teen romance...but there it was all over the news. Teenage girls were basically causing riots, like the ones caused over the Beattles, over some guy named Robert Pattinson, who had been named to play the lead in a movie adaption of the novel "Twilight."  Before that movie even had a release date it was all you were hearing about, so I figured I better see what all the fuss was about.

I read all 4 novels in the span of a week. And those were long novels!  I mean, Stephanie Meyer really had something there. But then again I am a sucker for a good love story with a happy ending. But I never would of known about it had it not been for the movie. (which I might add have been a pretty big disappointment to me. I get that the first movie was basically an independent and they had no idea it would be such a success, and therefor got no name actors that are not very good...but it is just kinda annoying to have to watch the bad acting not live up to what my imagination created reading the book.)

Although, Stephen King's latest book just came out and it looks pretty intriguing, "11/22/63" It revolves around the day of the Kennedy assassination. Another topic I have been interested in since I was capable of reading. My book list is long and diversified!

No comments:

Post a Comment