Friday, December 9, 2011

Mickey Mouse Choo Choo Express

Not only is my book list diversified but so is my movie list. And I am in fact watching Mickey Mouse Choo Choo Express as I type this. Not entirely by choice.  I had just stared watching "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone" when my insomniac two-year-old woke from her nap. Not quite ready to be awake but refusing to go back to sleep, Mickey was the key to her happiness.

I don't think I was going to make it very far into "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone" anyways. It is the film adaptation of a Tennessee Williams play. It stars Vivien Leigh and Warren Beatty. Yes, I will stop and generally watch anything staring a young Warren Beatty.  But as with most Tennessee Williams plays I could see this one headed for a depressing ending. Maybe I am wrong, but probably not. Plus, Warren's attempt at an Italian accent was pretty painful. So I gladly gave in and switched over to Mickey Mouse Choo Choo Express.

Here are my issues with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I know you were just dying to know! Now be prepared, this may come close to that deep thinking which I am so opposed to!  Mickey is great for teaching to count, learn colors, share and be nice. It has great colors and lots of action, which my twins require of all their TV programs and movies. But here is my issue. When they have a problem and they call upon the Mouseketools for help, things take a turn for the unrealistc! (As if a mouse with a pet dog is totally plausible!)

Come on Disney - you are teaching my kids that if a bunny rabbitt gets accidentally painted blue, just find an elephant and have the elephant use its trunk to blow the paint off, or when the cows at the petting zoo get out, simply put them on a sail boat and sail them back home. Or how about when Donald Duck's boat had a leak? Well, plugging it with an ice cream cone will surely solve that problem! 

I guess I will just have to relax my need for all things to be plausible (I don't do fantasy very well) so that my children can enjoy their childhood. Otherwise we might as well go ahead and tell them there is no Santa Claus!...oh wait, we already did that to my 8-year-old!  LOL!  I better go, the gang is getting ready to do the Hotdog Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment