Thursday, December 29, 2011

Marvel Comics

My house has tried to catch up on our Marvel Comic movies during the Christmas holidays. We watched "Thor" and "Captain America".

Neither movie really evoked strong feelings of like or dislike out of me.  They were both just kind of "ehh". They were both more entertaining than anything that could be find on our selection of television channels.

First one we watched was "Thor."   From the previews it looked promising. And it wasn't a disappoint so to speak but it also wasn't "oh I hope they make a sequel and soon" kinda good either. It was just worth the $1 rental. It helped that Chris Hemsworth is easy on the eyes. I wonder if I could convince my hubby to hit the gym with Thor as his goal!

Next we watched "Captain America."  The most amazing part of that movie? The special effects that created his "pre" Captain America look!  That was truly shocking! He went from looking like someone who had never seen a good meal to Thor's workout partner! But like with "Thor" it just didn't grab me. I guess maybe it has something to do with the fact that Robert Downey Jr. is on a whole other acting level than these two guys and he just makes Iron Man so dang entertaining. "Iron Man" is the standard to which I hold all other comic book movies and so far I have not seen another that gets close to it.

So far our holiday movie watching has done nothing more than fill the void of nothing to watch - nothing that I could recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment