Thursday, February 16, 2012

Something Borrowed and Scooby Doo Monsters Unleashed

I have been doing a lot more watching here lately than I have been reading. Most of my reading has been work related so I haven't been doing much pleasure reading. But I do record movies so I can watch them at a later date or when the twins are napping.

I finally got to watch "Something Borrowed" with Kate Hudson and Ginnifer Goodwin. I read the book it was made after and really liked the book. The author Emily Griffin I thought did a fairly good job at making cheating understandable! If that is possible. Nobody was married yet and these two people had been in love with each other from the beginning they just kept letting things get in their way. So you don't totally loathe them for cheating and everyone ends up happy and where they belong in the end. (what i like!) But back to the movie...I had not rented it because I had heard nothing good about it. But I have to say on the level of cute, easy and happy endings, I really liked it! Plus, the guy in the movie, I don't even know his name, but he could easily pass as Tom Cruise's younger brother! He looks exactly like a young Tom Cruise only cuter! Same laugh, same, nose, same smile...it was amazing!

So I give it a fairly high rating on the basis of just a cute, sitting at home by yourself, enjoyable movie.

Now on to "Scooby Doo Monsters Unleashed". That is the twins newest favorite movie! We have watched it so many times in the last week that I can't even keep count! This is one with Freddie Prinze Jr. and Sarah Michelle Gellar. It is the cheesiest and worst acting ever but the twins LOVE IT! Mainly they love Scooby and all the ghosts and monsters. I guess when you are not a very good actor any pay check is better than none! Well, I better go, Scooby Doo is dressed in a leizure suit and an afro and doing the hustle ...best part of the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment