Friday, February 10, 2012

Channing Tatum

Channing Tatum....Yes, you read that correctly. Why is he getting his own post? Well, for multiple reasons. First being that he seems to be in everything these days. Second, I seem to be watching all his movies lately. Third, because he confuses me.

Let me back up. In the recent months I have seen "Step Up" , "Dear John", "The Eagle" and "The Delimma". Plus he has that new movie "The Vow" with Rachel McAdams coming out today or this week. This one is one I want to see but it will have to wait until it comes out on DVD. There is no way I am getting my husband into that movie. And truthfully I just wouldn't do that to him. I love him, so why would I torture him by making him watch a romantic movie. That would be like him forcing me to go sit in the deer blind for 2 hours with him....No Thank You!

So anyways, Channing Tatum seems to be totally the "it" guy right now. I kind of get it because he is kinda good looking...certainly not swoon worthy, but he has that "good looking normal guy" thing going on. Guys that look like Brad Pitt, George Clooney and Ryan Gosling just are not roaming the streets. But there are guys that look like Channing Tatum. So I guess he seems attainable. But what confuses me is that he kinda sucks at acting! I mean he is not horrible but I certainly would not classify him as good. He is kinda painful to watch sometimes.

In the four movies of his that I have seen recently, he does the best in "The Delimma" He plays the goofy nut pretty well. Sadly, that movie was just awful so that deminished his good acting. I wonder what the heck Kevin James and Vince Vaughn were thinking. But as I begin to think about it...I don't think either one of those guys have made a decent movie ever.

"Step Up" is probably his next best movie simply because he plays a dancer in that, which is what I think he really is. He was a dancer that transitioned into acting. But that movie looses me because I don't like the girl in the movie which happens to be his real-life wife. I don't think she is very cute. And as shallow as it is, I don't like watching love stories with un-attractive people in them! Shallow I know.

"Dear John" had potential because the acting was better, but I was just annoyed with the story. Ugghh, Nicholas Sparks exhausts me sometimes. Seriously, if you are madly in love with a guy, you are gonna break up with him because he is defending our country and then expect him to understand. Yuck. I am over it!

"The Eagle" wasn't too bad. It had its moments where I was thinking, 'this is pretty good' then he would forget what he was doing and switch accents or try to do a dramatic scene and I was back to thinking 'oh geez...' He did pretty good with the fight scenes but he comes off cheesy when he would try to be super serious or dramatic, almost to the point of funny!

"The Vow" has a chance and I will give it one because I think the story is good and I typically like everything Rachel McAdams is in. I am banking on Channing Tatum being fairly monatone and over acting but maybe he will do better. Hollywood casting agents obviously see something in him or else he has the world's greatest manager and agent!

No comments:

Post a Comment