Friday, February 10, 2012

Adjustment Bureau

I give it 4 out of 5 stars. I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. But then again it is Matt Damon, and as I sit here and try to think of all his movies, I can't honestly come up with one that was bad. He reminds me of Clint Eastwood and Hillary Swank. They are actors that just choose really good films to make. Excluding Hilary's turn as "The Next Karate Kid" That was just painful but she was just breaking into the business, so I will cut her some slack on that one.

What I like about the "Adjustment Bureau" was that it was fast moving, got right into the plot, and kept moving. There was never a slow moment and the story was good. While it had a very religious undercurrent to it and I have still not been able to decide if I agree with it, it was basically sending a good message. I think that is how true love is and what I hope my kids can find someday. That other person that you would do anything for and give up everything for.

It was just really exciting and I found myself really hoping for a good ending as I watched he and Emily Blunt push through door after door trying to escape the agents of fate so determined to keep them apart.

Finally one of the Agents tells him he is destined to become President and she is destined to become a world famous dancer as long as they are not together. But if they are together then he will never become President and she will spend her life teaching six-year-olds to dance. What does he do? Walk away and become the things they have both dreamed about all their lives or choose love?

Is it a movie that will become a classic? No, but it was a really good movie and a beautiful and different love story. I would definatley recommend this one. I even told my hubby he needs to watch it and I think he will enjoy it as well, even with all the romantic stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment