Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I have been doing a good bit of work so I have neglected in updating what I have watched and read. Since I have work I need to be doing now...I am just going to do a quick version.

Watched - Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. - It was very good. Followed the book fairly closely and was good enough that I wish they would make the other two novels into movies.

                   The Help - I was a little disappointed with this movie. Had I not read the book I probably would of been happy with it. But having read the book - I thought they changed and left out some important parts. So while it was good...I was kind of let down because the book was so good.

                   Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 1 - It is what it is. Movies have never done justice to the books. Actors suck. But of the movies this has been the best one - so maybe Part 2 will be even better. But overall just so disappointing that such good books with such potential were ruined by crap D-list caliber actors.

              Footloose - With Julianne Hough - And I was pleasantly surprised. I was really kind of expecting something on the level of Dirty Dancing Havana Nights (what were they thinking?) but this remake was really not that bad. It was good enough that I didnt' spend the whole time comparing it to the original. I think it helped that they were smart enough to cast real dancers who could also act! So it was a cute and fun little movie!                

   Mad About You - I just love this TV show. It shows on some channel at 5:30 every afternoon and I have it set to record, so when there is nothing on regular TV I watch episodes of this. It is the best. I just love Paul Reiser. And now going back and re-watching these episodes, I have realized that Everybody Loves Raymond, stole from Mad About You. So many episodes of Mad About You were redone on Everybody Loves Raymond ...even down to characters. Paul's mother acts and treats Helen Hunt just like Marie does to Debra on Everybody Loves Raymond. Paul's character is the laughable sometimes oblivious husband to Helen's uptight, stressed, freak-out prone wife. Very similar to Ray and Debra. Ray Ramano copied Paul Reiser!

READ -

           I finally finished the last book of the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series. Those novels are just quick 1,000 page books! ha! It was just as good as the first - If only the author was still alive and writing more really griping and twist filled novels.

           My hubby broke down and bought me The Hunger Games. Got to see what all the hype is about. And I must admit it was a very good book. I read the entire thing in one Saturday afternoon. And yes, with its mere 375 pages, it was like a short story compared to Dragon Tattoo books - so I blew through it. Now I have to read the next two in this series. Even though I googled them and know how everything turns out. But I think I will still read them anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment